应用程序 & 作业
住宅应用程序 (will need to log in with your Columbia UNI)
The application is typically available starting in mid-May for the upcoming academic year. FY students admitted through Early Decision will wait to fill out the housing application with Regular Decision students starting in Mid-May.
Barnard 招生 will email instructions to activate Barnard/Columbia login accounts to enrolling students by late May (late December for Spring 转移s). 应用程序是 不 按提交日期排序, so there is no need to worry if you receive your activation instructions later than other students.
- 秋季入学—— 2023年6月5日
- 秋季入学转学; & 访问学生—— 2023年6月12日
- 春季入学的vip学生 2023年12月1日
- 春季入学转学 & 其他访问学生—— 2023年12月21日
- Enrolling First Year students are guaranteed campus housing if they submit their housing application before the deadline above. 学生 who apply after the deadline may 不 be able to be assigned.
- 学生 are 不 required to live in campus housing, but they are strongly encouraged to live on campus for their first year to acclimate themselves to the College and/or living in NYC.
- 学生 who choose to live off-campus for their first year would 不 be guaranteed if they later apply for campus housing (and would 不 be eligible to take part in the 房间里选择 / 住房 Lottery process with other continuing students).
VISP程序 & 斯佩尔曼交换
- 学生 in the VISP program and Spelman exchange are guaranteed campus housing as part of their exchange programs.
转移 & 来访的学生
- While the College always hopes to be able to provide housing to as many applicants as possible, 校园住房空间有限. 新入学转学 & 访问ing students are prioritized for placement during their first year at Barnard if space is available, but unfortunately we are 不 able to guarantee housing in advance for the first or following years.
- New enrolling students who apply for housing are prioritized by a combination of enrollment deposit date and geographic distance from campus (不 by housing application date).
- 像很多学校一样, Barnard relies on receiving housing cancellations over the summer from current students in order to open up spaces for housing applicants and unfortunately we can不 predict in advance how many beds will be available for assignment.
- Applicants will be emailed by August 1 (or late December for Spring applicants) to let them know if space is available for them to be assigned to campus housing.
- Because housing is limited and 不 guaranteed, 转移s & 访问ing students are encouraged to explore options for 校外住房. Some links to help students start their search are available at 利记APP官网.edu/reslife/housing-options/off-campus.
- 转移的可能 重新应用 for housing in following years as a continuing student, but the new enrolling 转移s would be prioritized for housing ahead of them. 学生 who started at the College as 转移 students are 不 eligible to participate in the 房间里选择 / 住房 Lottery process for continuing students who started at Barnard as First Year students.
Are students required to live in campus housing?
学生 are 不 required to live in campus housing.
然而, incoming First Year students are encouraged to live in campus housing for at least their first year to acclimate themselves to the College and/or living in NYC.
学生 with a diagnosed disability or chronic medical condition who may need an accommodation (ex. air-conditioning, accessible housing, strobe fire alarm, etc.)应联系卡片以完成a 住宿申请, 除了…之外 提交房屋申请.
For information about how to submit an accommodation request (including priority deadlines & required medical documentation), please visit 利记APP官网.edu/disability-services/housing-accommodations.
First Year students are assigned to double-, 三,, 或者布鲁克斯的四人合租房, 里德, 翰威特, 和苏兹伯格大厅. A limited number of single rooms are available and may be requested as a preference on the 住宅应用程序.
学生 who may need priority for assignment to a single, 带空调的房间, or some other accommodation should submit a 住宿申请 to CARDS (Center for Accessibility 资源 & 残疾服务). Please see the section above for more information about submitting requests, 包括优先期限.
All 第一年 living in campus housing are required to participate in the 白金膳食计划.
Enrolling First Year students will be emailed with their room & 室友分配 2023年8月8日，星期二.
转移 & 来访的学生
学生 will be emailed regarding the availability of campus housing by August 1 (late December for new Spring 转移s & 来访的学生).
Because campus housing is limited and can不 be guaranteed, students are encouraged to explore options for 校外住房 in the event that campus housing is 不 available.
学生 may include preferences for single rooms on their housing application; however, when space is available for assignment it typically would be to multiple-occupancy rooms with roommates.